May 11, 2012

satyamev jayate!!

Aamir is an amazing man! I think, I missed the word 'actor' in the last sentence. Obviously, that was for a reason. He could have lived his life without thinking about creating a TV program named 'satyamev jayate'! But, he did. More than that, he didn't just restrict his act by thinking. I am not in the right position to judge his activities, but I see 'greatness' in him. Not a lot of people at his position, would do something he did. I would like to address him as a very 'determined responsible human being'! I'm inspired by what he has done as a social commitment to the country. There might be people who had sacrificed more than he did, there might be people who is still working much harder than what he is doing, but the kind of influence he can make in areas like this will be tremendous. 

I think, there is a reason for such a big praise from my side. Let me expose some personal secrets. I was almost thinking the same thing he is doing right now. 'Make the people see the world!'. It looks like he is doing what I have imagined in my life. When I am at a very high level of ego,self-respect and pride, I used to imagine of things I could have done. That thoughts had a lot of 'what ifs'!( What if I could hire an auditorium and invite people to hear my speech, in which I could explode my thoughts on life, ethics,self-righteousness  and selflessness. ) What Aamir is doing is much more effective( Yeah, no one can survive my ego and pride, as what others call!!). As a citizen of this country, I was disappointed by the way many people and things move around here. I was disappointed by many things I have seen and more than that, I have seen people who are desperately trying hard to hide from those realities. I wouldn't say that being a selfish man is a crime or a little unethical behavior is going to be a crime, but does it really hurt me if I choose to do things which might not come under my responsibilities, but still  I choose to be responsible(obviously, if I could). 


I am not always right and when I watched the first episode of 'satyamev jayate' TV show, I was stunned by hearing the stories of female foeticide in India. I couldn't think of how immature and selfish those people are. I do not think that they can just remove those people from our country, our only choice is to educate them on 'how to love and feel'. I feel pity about them and it must change by any cost. They do not need punishment, they need help. Help to save themselves from their own blind eyes. I honestly, believe that a lot of areas requires this kind of help to get motivated. May be, this program can bring some differences.

I know, there are people who would say that 'we should adapt to our situations'. But, I believe that we are the cause of these situations and sometimes, getting adapted is more like avoiding responsibilities. We have our choice and I believe that Aamir has chosen his. I do not know whether this initiative is going to be a grand success, but I honestly wish if it could. I seriously doubt whether this video will receive as much views as the "kolaveri" song had received. This is not entertainment, an entertainer doing some serious stuff. Life is not always about entertainment, accept it! support it!

Sincerely,

Raghu

8 comments:

  1. With due respect to everything that you just wrote, its still very sad to see how the citizens of India can't understand or accept anything new unless its presented in a tv serial format with a lot of tears, drama and songs. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accept it sir!! There is no point in reality in India. If you make a movie with real incidents, there is a huge possibility that the people would call it 'award films'! In my opinion, satyamev jayate is not one of them. I mean, entertainment has nothing to do with what it is. It is a TV show, but I do not think that everyone can tolerate it. A lot of people in India, including me, are unaware of many things from other corners of India. I was unaware that the female foeticide is such a serious issue in India. People who are interested in understand and accept these issues should have tried to learn about them . They are the minority! 'Tears, drama and songs' are one way of getting some attention from a lot of people in the majority. In my personal opinion, there is nothing to criticize about them. I am ready to accept one thing "Even if the people are getting more and more educated, a lot of them can be manipulated,corrupted and selfish"( I take issues of female foeticides and dowry as examples.No offense. It is not the only issue in India). No one can educate, unless they want to get educated. If these tears,drama and songs can attract attention and do a good thing, I am completely okay with it. :)

      Thanks for your comment.I really appreciate it.

      Raghu

      Delete
    2. You're right of course (in future, skip the "sir"). But somehow I don't see how much of a difference this can make, the reason being:

      1. Female foeticide happens in very educated families. How much more awareness do they need?
      2. Most of the educated and aware malayalee families still follow the dowry system. Lack of awareness, is it?
      3. Most highly educated people in India will not marry outside their caste. Do they need awareness about casteism?

      Plz look through this article : http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/Samar/The-death-of-Kali/Article1-891399.aspx Is this due to lack of awareness?

      Everyone is aware of everything. People just don't care. I have nothing against Satyamev jayehte or Aamir Khan (who btw is a great actor), but I'm still a little skeptical bout how much it can help.

      Delete
    3. Dear anonymous, :)

      1. Why are we discussing it? We feel that there is something wrong in female foeticide! We believe that we are right and those 'educated' people do not feel the same. That is the only difference between us and them. The point to be noted is that there is nothing to educate them. They have to realize themselves that there is something wrong in what they are doing. They believe that they are right. This is just an opportunity to reconsider. If they want to ignore, they will ignore it.
      2. Education and awareness are different. I do not think that the problem is with any of them, most of them consider giving dowry as a their family 'status' and 'custom'. If a few people can implement marriages without dowry and make it a 'custom', people will follow it. Generally, people follow the majority and unfortunately, majority believe that it is their duty to give dowry. I remember a quote "It will take a strong man to think that may be, just may be..everyone is wrong". It will take a lot of people to make others think that may be, they are wrong.
      3. I remember one of an elder relative quoting something like this "If the woman is noble, caste is not a problem". It must be taken from any historic books, I guess. He talks a lot about caste and he is highly religious. In India, a lot of people doesn't just marry the girl, they marry the entire family(Influenced from a book named "Gently falls Bakula").The bond between the family is great in an extend. I feel pity about people who inquire caste before they propose a girl. It was definitely not their choice to be born and raised in a specific family or caste. I'm totally against the idea of casteism and I personally believe that they need awareness. But, no one can just terminate religion completely and in a religious man's point of view, it is possible that they would feel uncomfortable about it. "I think that I will not be able to tolerate everyone in this world(irrespective of the religion) and they have the equal right to feel the same to me". I do not know whether they need awareness or to sacrifice their idea of religion.

      About that article!!! I have a lot to write about it and may be I will write it in this blog soon. I'm terribly disappointed with that incident. I feel pity about the people who consider women inferior and weak. I do not have a blame to an individual or the rapists but to the entire "immature" society. I do not know the real reason behind that incident, I believe that there are people who believe that the women are less powerful,inferior and weak. The culprits are to be made aware that they are not. I will write about it later.

      I'm not being less patriotic but I believe that there are a lot of negative things in our country than the positives. I remember a photo which was shared in facebook. It was about a anti-indian group and the one who has shared the photo is requesting everyone to report abuse about the group. I went through the group and found a lot of abusive contents about India. I reported abuse about it. After a few moments, i had a thought "What if they were right?". I didn't do a research to report abuse about it. I had no proof to make myself believe that they were wrong, but I believed that they are wrong and I still do.Aamir's work is bringing some information for sure and I do not believe that not everyone is aware of what is happening in this country. I do not think that aamir's efforts can bring a big impact in this country. But, it is an opportunity for the people to see that there are people who would like to do something for this country. I appreciate it more than the results.
      (continued)

      Delete
    4. A lot of people including me are in a lot of doubts about it. About practicability, impact, reason etc. I feel that those doubts are the main reason why this is not a big impact in the society. From your comment, it is clear that you care about these things, you want to discuss about these things and I believe that you accept those things. I am not involved in anything that makes my country better, but I would like to be optimistic about my country. I want to believe that some day, this country would change. It is not really hard to achieve it, but the people's mentality is the only thing which makes it hard. No one can help you unless you cry for help. If you want to cry for a help, you need to realize that there is a need for a help. Aamir's work is something which provokes to realize the need for a help(I believe so but i will not take any responsibility). There is nothing to be skeptical about. If the people want to live their own life with their "don't care" principle, no one, not even the god , can help it. You don't have to care about others, just ask yourself this question "Do I care?". If the people who are skeptical about this have asked themselves this question and answered it without considering what others are doing, I think it could have made a lot of difference than what is happening right now. You just have to know what is fair and right!

      I always liked to hear from the reader's side. Thanks again.

      Raghu

      Delete
  2. There may be something in what you say.

    But "Education and awareness are different." How? Maybe this is the major problem we face today. People believe that education doesn't raise awareness. Then whats the point? A job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry my friend, from my personal experience, a lot of people believe that the ultimate aim of education is just 'a job'. A lot of people will just ask "how much you earn?" while "how satisfied are you with your job?" seems a relevant question. Their concept about education is too shallow. Moreover, a degree certificate is just a paper which doesn't prove anything about the level of maturity one possess. It is definitely a major problem today. This is just a personal opinion, I am not denying the fact that I may be wrong :)

      Delete
  3. This article may be of interest to you : http://www.gkhamba.com/2012/05/satyamev-jayate.html

    ReplyDelete