September 8, 2011

Public Performances

This is not the first time I'm choosing a title like this in this blog. To be frank, this was the first topic that I've ever written in a blogging platform in my life. I deleted that post as I couldn't tolerate the standard of what I was doing at that time. I've been thinking about rewriting it as I can do better than what I did last time. But, I'm beginning to realize that I am good at something. I'm good at imagining and advising. My imaginations are a million times better than me. I am not claiming that I'm good at this subject, but it doesn't mean that I do not have any idea about the subject. Four or five years back, I happened to attend a personality development class and my previous attempt was to magnify the exact thing I saw there and write them in this blog. I couldn't say that it was a success, but it may turn out to be a turning point in my life.

Last time, I was a bit confident about what I was going to say. Today, I do not support the facts that I've written in my past. I've been changing a lot and whenever I see that post, I see an 'immature me' in it. None of these are relevant here and I am trying to be honest. I think, I deserve to be famous for my nervousness of my life. I'm not here with a success story of anything, but some attempts which could have been a worth noticeable ones. My philosophy is simple, if you really want to learn or achieve something, you need to know what the losers have to say about what they have tried. I'm entitled with a bit of bitter experiences with public performances. But, it has given me some thought on how it could be corrected. I'm not the one who is writing this post. For a moment, consider me as a different person or I'm just thinking of what I should have thought if I were a successful performer in public. 

I'm a criticizer in my nature even though I never used to criticize in public, I used have my own personal debates. Everybody is confident when they know what they are doing. So, knowledge is more important than confidence. I would never go for a lecture about "Indian classical dance" as I do not know anything about it and most importantly, we need to know our audience well. I think, unknown audience is the main cause of sleep in class hours. If I am not able to attract attention of my audience, it is my mistake and unless you are sure that there are no 'rotten eggs' in nearby shops and all the footwears in the audience's legs are of highly expensive type, it is better not to give any chance to luck because rotten eggs and foot wears can hurt you and your confidence. But, I was provided with a lot of opportunities in which there is no probability of receiving an egg or chappal on my head and I still didn't do anything. So, it is very simple to avoid such a problem, you have to stop being me. 

By the way I write this post, you should have realized that English is not my mother tongue. But, do you know how many times, I have recited the exact dialogues of some Client Eastwood movies (from Kung Fu Panda & dark knight too) in my bathroom? I'm not perfect, but I believe that it can work out some day.  I believe that I can handle some sort of 'understandable english' by now. Sometimes, we might need to communicate well in a different language and it is definitely a challenge. I'm better when I write rather than I talk in English. I can take all my time to frame or reframe the sentences. Talking is really fast and I might not be able to catch up with my thoughts. A lot of translation process is going on behind everything I write here and I already know that it is not the way it should be done. I have to think in English to make sure that I can talk in English. I believe that I've achieved something by trying it out. I can't really translate what I write here into my mother tongue in a fair manner. I would be very happy if you say that I really lost both language skills!!!

In my previous post, I have written something about the posture and actions you must maintain when you talk in front of some people. That is completely wrong. I feel that those rules or shortcuts to success are implemented by someone who really learn how 'successful public performers' are performing it. There is a good possibility that you will turn out to be a mimicry artist rather than being a true performer. I do stupid stuffs when I am nervous and many of the personality developers might tell you to avoid being nervous by acting like you are not nervous. Stuffs like 'don't play with your fingers', body language, actions etc can be considered as symptoms of nervousness. But, if you kill your nervousness itself, do you really need to act? Things may not work out your way, but you can always be a bit more serious than what you really are or you can always pretend like you are a better comedian than what you really are or pretend like you are a master in some subject or any method which can prove that you are not really what you show to this world. Sometimes, you may really need to change your attitude or body language to be a good performer. The world listens to the show-offs, not how that show is planned or executed. I mean, we are living at a point at which the entire credit of a successful film is taken or given to the hero of the movie, though the credits can be given to the creator or writer of that movie too. I may or may not change my attitude or body language to be something in my life that you need not bother, but I would recommend you to do it if it really makes you comfortable or unique. 


Sorry for wasting your time. You are on your own now. Best of Luck.

Raghu

11 comments:

  1. Just A suggestion:
    1) Problem I Found: I Tried several Times to read some of your Blog post Fully...But Failed....

    2) Solution : You can Use at-least 1 or 2 Images (I will suggest from flickr.com) in your blog posts to attract readers attention... And If Possible Write shorter posts.

    3) Alternative Solution of longer Posts: Firstly, Write and Save your Content in the form of draft, then, Divide it into parts and Publish each part at scheduled Interval (You Can Auto Schedule them in Blogger).

    Happy Blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your interest in my blog. I am very sorry to hear that I couldn't make this thing interesting enough to help you read my entire post.

    Images are in my consideration, but I do not know whether I can find the exact image relevant to my subject. I am not interested in either copying a random image or stealing someone else's picture. But, I believe that my posts are already shorter than my expectations.

    It feels like the word 'blogging' doesn't really fits to what I really do here. "Short and simple" sounds good to me. Scheduling doesn't make much sense to me!!! Frequency of my posting may increase or more traffic can be attracted or a lot of achievements could be achieved. But that is not what I am expecting here.

    I value your comment a lot as I came to know that someone is still reading this thing. I will definitely try to write smaller posts with enough contents other than my personal ones.

    happy blogging to you too...

    Raghu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice articles loved the way you write try to keep it brief.
    regds,

    ajith nair,
    http://www.leonineinfo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plz stick to your style of writing. I see a lot of comments advising you on how to format, schedule and phrase your blog. In the end it's not Raghu's blog anymore. Your language is very simple and focused. Keep doing your thing, man, you're doing it good !!!
    - Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anonymous

      There was a time when I believed that there is no specific writing style for me. I'm still confused about how I'm going to use my vocabulary and I'm not very confident in speaking English as well. But, responses like this is making me a little confident of my abilities. It inspires me a lot to see that there are people who like what I am doing. Thanks for your comment.

      One thing is wrong! I do not know whether there is an act of jealousy or ego in the coming sentences but, I have some reason to be jealous and egoistic :)! I believe that I own 90% of this blog (Some usages and some expressions are taken from my surroundings). I still believe that I am doing this with my level of sincerity. So, beyond the influences and advice, I am not going to be someone else, and it applies to my blog as well. It is simply because I am incapable of being someone else. Thanks again for your kind words. I will be happier if you could keep responding!

      Raghu

      Delete
    2. You're developing your own style. That's what writers do.

      I work in a field that has to do with writing. I often get very negative comments on things that I write. I've had people tell me things like "Why is it so long?" & "too much to read" & "try to keep it simple" & "why so much intro?" & "why so casual?". I do the shortening, formatting, formalization(is there such a word?) and changing; and in the end, I hate what I've written.

      But then, reading is the whole point !!! Why bother checking out a blog if you cant read something long?

      Same for you here. You have clearly mentioned that you write random things the way you see them. There is no reason to please everybody !!!

      I'm not a follower of your blogs, but hope to be one soon.

      -Me

      Delete
    3. I have thought of changing the length, simplicity and style of writing, but couldn't change anything or I haven't noticed anything different. A few months before, I tried to monetize my blog and registered my site with a website who gave me a huge increase in visitors who did nothing in my blog except some changes in the number of total pageviews. It doesn't make much sense. This is a place where i would like to express myself not to impress with some weird pageview count. Sometimes I used to hear from my friends that they never knew that I have a blog like this. Sometimes, I feel like I have done something extra ordinary here.

      You are very bold. If I were at your position, I am pretty sure that I wouldn't type the last sentence you have typed but I really wish if I could do something like you did. I have nothing to promise or demand and my influences are not going to increase or decrease just because of your presence in my blog. Appreciate me if there is something to appreciate. Accept me if I deserve some acceptance.

      As you have mentioned that you are working in a field which has to do something with writing and I've been thinking about writing since 2007 or something, I would like to hear your opinion/philosophies about writing. I honestly that I could have done a lot better than what I have done so far.

      Raghu

      Delete
    4. "my influences are not going to increase or decrease just because of your presence in my blog"

      Woah, where did that come from? Did I say something like that? I'm not a follower of your blog merely because I've just come across it this week. As soon as I get a permanent Internet connection, I hope to become a follower.

      "If I were at your position, I am pretty sure that I wouldn't type the last sentence you have typed but I really wish if I could do something like you did."

      Do you mean the line " I'm not a follower of your blogs, but hope to be one soon." Why does that require courage? What you do right now is brilliant. Just keep doing it.

      By writing field I do not mean journalism or anything. I'm in the IT field and I do Advertisements, technical publications and documentations. So its not 'writing' as you define it.

      Delete
    5. I didn't mean anything. I'm extremely sorry if I caused you to misunderstand my comment. I simply wanted to say that "It doesn't matter whether you follow me or not, I do not feel anything different even if you follow me or not."

      Actually, I have come across some posts(which includes some of my posts as well) in which I could have posted something like you have written. There are some differences in what I was trying to write and I have written here.I just wanted to be frank to them and express what I really mean. Instead, I have done something like praising them for what they do not deserve. Forget it.I didn't mean anything beyond the fact that you were actually frank about your views.

      I hope I need not respond to the rest of your comment. As you have came here recently, may be you would find a lot of things to read, but you wouldn't find enough new posts as I do not have a schedule in posting new posts or finding new topics to write about! Honestly, I will begin to think about it when I got nothing else to do .I've been wearing the mask of a blogger for the past 4 years and I just managed to reach to a number of 50 posts in this blog.I have nothing to offer.

      I'm extremely sorry if I caused some sort of a bad feeling about it.

      Sincerely

      Raghu

      Delete