July 7, 2010

When astrology defines your destiny...

Everybody is curious to know about the future! Social networking sites are fed up with applications for astrology and there are sites which can predict your time and day of your death! I do not know what they really mean by these sites. There are better businesses to be taken care about! I personally, hate astrology and that doesn’t mean that astrology is wrong. A year ago, I was really surprised by the three facts (damn true facts) of my life which is revealed by astrology (that too in a printed material). That single incident changed the way I look into astrologers! Really, they are dangerous! It made me feel that I’m not in control of myself and what is my role if the purpose of my life is pre-determined? What if they can dig out the hidden secrets in me? That is really dangerous because everybody is different from what they show in their life (A mask of what I am)!

I remember a real-life joke about the same subject. I and two of my close friends were roaming around in the town. We saw an astrologer with a parrot sitting in the footpath. One of my friends is an activist of the communist party and with a curious naughty intention; he went to the astrologer to know his future. Even he recorded what the astrologer was saying about him! I think, he never believed in any of the facts he heard but, he got so excited when he heard that he will get married at the age of 21 or 23! I think, that astrologer is just like an advertisement! That astrologer and advertisements are gripping on the most sentimental things in our lives! At last, the astrologer turned to me and asked “May I tell your future?” and I replied “No. I may get scared of my future.” I still do not know what made me say that but, it makes a lot of sense here! I know exactly what that astrologer was doing out there! He talks all the possible things which may happen in our lives and some of them may come true.

It feels like every human in this world is curious about their future. I do not know how many fictional stories are there in this world about the future of the world. The weirdest thing is that most of them are representations of world destruction! I think, world destruction is some sort of nightmare for the entire human beings and most of them are the result of our own inventions or the result of our activities! So ultimately, we believe that we are supposed to receive what we deserve by our activities! What is the point in believing astrologers if I stop doing what I’m supposed to do? I can think about suicide even if our astrologer predicts that I will survive 84 years on earth!

I’ve seen people who have left their life to fate. Whatever happens in their life is justified by the name of fate! I do not like that idea even if it is a truth. If I can’t change anything in my life, why should I have a brain? Robots can do better! I can dream of being the president of India and the others have the same right to dream the same! Unfortunately, the seat available is just one! No one should stop dreaming but remember that our president may also have the same zodiac sign as mine and the astrology report can also be the same!! In my view, life is just a hope that we will receive what we deserve and definition of the word ‘deserve’ depends on the people around you!

At the same time, there is a positive fact about astrology! When I’m disappointed or at chaos, an astrologer can easily motivate me by saying “Never mind, one day you are going to be the president of India”. Sometimes, it can be a bridge from death to life! Why should I care about whether it is right or wrong if it can do something good? How can I categorize such things? I don’t know but, I still believe in one thing “Astrologers cannot change my fate as I got a brain to define my destiny!”



Sincerely,

Raghu
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment