February 16, 2010

How to provoke a war?

How to provoke a war? This post is going to reveal the ways in which a war can be provoked! A few years before I got a dvd of the movie "The Alexander" and became a fan of him. I even created a community for him in orkut(It had nearly 800 members).Recently, I saw a movie "schindler's list" and deleted that community at the very moment!! After seeing that movie, I can't be a fan of a man who loved wars!! Today, I hate Alexander.!! A war is not what we see and hear from TV or newspapers. The real story is always bad! I know, I am not eligible to say something like this but, I used to write what I never used to say or do but, what I really like to do.

A few months before I saw some comments about India-China collapse in facebook. I was really surprised by the attitude of Indians who commented there. The discussion was about Chinese activity against India. I was really astonished to see some 'forbidden four letter words'(I know, I need not explain) which may inspire any Chinese citizen to take gun against India!! Some of them were calculating the amount of armour and the number of soldiers available in both countries, some others believed that Chinese army is much stronger than ours and even analysed the war will be over after some serious kicks on Indian side(A three letter forbidden word can also be used instead of "side")!! For that comments I commented that a Chinese soldier is always a "Chinese" soldier and beyond quantity we give priorities to quality. But, I added one thing "We have our pride and we should not provoke a war as our army is just for defence!". Once, my cousin told me about a great fact in Kerala. "The most outstanding firework in Kerala's point of view will be a firework which creates louder noices! We never used to face wars or anything of such sorts. It may be the reason why we like this tremendous violence!!". It is right.. We are away from dangers of war even if we are nearly facing a war against pakisthan. Sorry, I would like to make a small correction in the above sentence "I am away from...." . We used to hear a lot about wars in India. But, one thing is clear, none of them affected me.

If a war is going on in Kashmir, I would say "It is in Kashmir, we are far away from it!!". (I know, our capital is not so far from Kashmir). I do not know why this happens but, I consider this as India's fall in unity!! But, when it comes to entertainment, we have a strong unity between us. (Especially in sports.). I used to notice that we have a separate page for sports news in newspapers and every incident will be reported in detail regarding the game. But, I have seen a small column of news which says about the death of a soldier in Kashmir due to enemy gunfire. But, when it comes to a soldier of native state, the priorities may differ. I think, we should not give different priorities to different people in India as everybody is 'Indian Citizens'. So, a person like me in Kashmir who has seen enough war may talk different things regarding a war. If I am responsible for provoking a war, it will be a disaster to some others. I would like to remain in peace whatever the condition is.

The reason why I deleted the Alexander's community was a movie "Schindler's list", which is a must watch movie for all war lovers in the world(A must watch movie for George W Bush). It was a heart-breaking picturization of Nazi's cruelty against jews. No one is expected to watch that movie unless you are ready to sacrifice at least one night's sleep!!

Everybody likes to live in peace and we should maintain it. But, in some conditions, I used to feel that a mentality for a war can be seen in many people around us. My college used to face a lot of problems regarding seniors and juniors where our principal used to remind us that "We are cultured people and fighting in streets like this is an animal nature" and some scenes in discovery channel and animal plannet reveal that many animals are violent in nature. But, we are humans and we have a god given gift "brain"!! So, we have to prove that we are using it! A war is not a problem solver, it is the problem creater as we are inventing a lot of tools and equipments of unimaginable power using the unimaginable power of brain! None other than us used to have such great power!!

I figured out something from the movie "AVATAR" recently. Actually, the people in "Pandora"(Sorry for everyone who hasn't watched the movie) were wiser and stronger but, they tried to live a life closely related to their nature. I think, it is time to think like that. Animal fights were safer than the human fights!Human fights even destroyed a lot of animals as well.Imagine if a third world war begins and results in the human extinction. Imagine that we are in front of god who asks "I gave you brain to think, what have you done with it?".And at that condition, our probable answer will be "We fought and destroyed everything", which will be the most shameful thing in human history. So, we should avoid it.

I know, some of you are here to study 'how to provoke a war' through this post. Sorry for the disappointment!! But, this post is really meant for people who likes war and that is the only secret behind the title of this post.

(NB: This post is dedicated to Osama bin Laden and George W Bush!!)

Raghu.

12 comments:

  1. Nice post man, do keep blogging you're a good thinker and the content of posts are good, don't worry too much about the language now, you are sure to improve in due course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Analyst

    Some used to say that my english is really simple so that everybody can understand what I really mean. I think I tried to write in a simple manner. I do worry about my english and I used to check my grammar through MS word. Am I that bad in english? I will not stop writing even if it is too bad but, I really want to know whether it is unreadable to others.

    Anyway, thanks for the inspiration..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never meant that your english is bad,it is simple and understandable, agreed.But there is room for improvement, well I mean in a way these are the kinds of articles that can end up in newspapers and magazines so that's why I said so, I'm not asking you to modify your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post. I think that all of us believe that peaceful methods of problem solving is important. But violence is there everywhere we look because violence is also part of human nature. So in a way trying to find a place where there is no violence is to find a place where there are no humans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Hari

    Exactly,violence is a human nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Raghu, finally something I can actually talk about!

    I request you not to blame George W. Bush for all this mess. It is the country to be blamed for electing its leader. You know how many people Harry Truman killed with his bomb? Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Remember Vietnam? The country is a war-mongerer - that's how it maintains its defence arsenal!

    See the movie "W" to understand why Bush is Bush.

    I do not support war, as it is just a temporary (but effective) measure. I did not see Alexander, but SL didn't inspire me as much as it did to you, merely liked the direction.

    Avatar is a good example and I am glad you could relate to it the way you should have.

    Varun Reddy.

    P.S. Call me Varun...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Varun

    I do not care about "how many" or "for what". Both of them are doing the same work and it is "killing"!! All I want to hear is peace!! so, I need not look into the analysis..I am concentrating only on the mentality of the people who is killing others..I think, Harry Truman is regretting for what he had done!!

    As far as I know, Osama Bin Laden and George W Bush are two famous leaders who are responsible for recent wars!So, if I could change their follower's mind, I may find some peace! I still can't find a reason why Hitler had a lot of followers! If he had a lot of followers, it must have a good reason!! But, nobody supports hitler now! He is a cruel autocratic leader in everybody's mind(Some exceptions are expected).
    One day, the same condition may happen to Bush also.

    About Schindler's list,I haven't seen a movie which picturized German cruelty like this. Whenever a jew is shot in that movie, I felt so lucky to be safe in this world. They were out of choices!! But, I felt so touching when schindler said to the German soldiers "You may leave as men, not as murderers" in the climax! I do not like to be a murderer and today, I consider a man, who is passionate to wars, as a murderer(Alexander).

    For me, a war is an effective measure to convince that "I am the only right!"

    I love to share views and thanks for sharing yours!!!

    Sincerely,

    Raghu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grammar mistakes wrong usage of words? Low Quality Literature? Man, which planet r u from? Ur powerful thoughts quite make up for any mistakes u might have made. Keep up the great work... with ur kind of mind why did u actually choose Cms college?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Anonymous,

    About my language...

    I know my limitations!! I am the only one who knows the way I am writing(I adopted the word "typing" instead of "writing" because, that is what I am doing here). I will not let anyone criticize me because, I am the best criticizer of myself!!If you never felt so, please ignore it.

    About the planet....
    Does it really matter?

    About my college..
    Hmm... nice to see that you and me are having some sort of similar thoughts...I felt so irrelevant to be there but, if there is something different in me, I am really grateful to my college.
    "Extreme end of joblessness may gift you a creative mind!".. Nothing was my choice because I never used to have one!!

    Thank you very much for your comment...Whoever you are, I am really inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Raghu

    Truman must be surely regretting it, 'cause he is definitely in hell :) See, my personal observations tell me that Hitler is loved for 2 reasons (1) He spoke with passion and felt that he meant what he spoke (2) He drove up the resources of his country to full utilization and turned it around from it's humiliating defeat in WW-1 (I dunno if these statements are true or not, but this is what people see in him). Also, Hitler is a popular figure among those who want a dictatorship, because he was the most famous one! When people get tired of the existing system, they always see the grass greener on the other side.

    A man passionate about wars is as guilty as the one who fails to stop one from happening - that is where America, as a nation, fails and the same goes for its leaders (most of them atleast).

    Peace is a very powerful term man. A kind friend once sent me a sms saying "I Want Peace", which he explained as - "I" is EGO and "Want" is a DESIRE. Remove EGO and DESIRE and you will have peace. Perhaps this sms is right :)

    You know why Bush did what he did? Because he was convinced that he was right. I am sure one day some part of future history will look back at 2000-08 and say "Hey, that Bush-fella, he seems to make sense man", because who we we after all, but just few more characters in the grand play of life :) Hope we get peace...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Varun

    Yes, Hitler was really good in his words. I read some portions of the autobiography of him a few years back. It says that one of the reasons why hitler didn't liked Jews was that "they never used to bath!". According to me, it is the most stupid thing that can ever write in a book. I know, it is not the only reason but, I felt some sort of personal revenge in his expression.The book was in Malayalam and it is an adopted version.So, I do not know how far it resembles the original book but, if I were him, I will never do anything like that.

    I think, America is a nation which depends mostly on armor and weapon sales. So, they will never stop wars.

    The SMS you are talking about is perfectly relevant reference to the subject. I am already at peace! All I am thinking about is a reason why many of us are encouraging a war even after this much war experiences in our histories. Who wants histories, isn't it? My father always used to say one thing, "Loka samastha sukhino bhavanthu!". I am also a part of this world and if everyone can have a good time here, I can also be a part of it!! Whenever I try to say like this, some people used to define me as a "communist!".

    In my view...Yes, Bush is making some sense but, making sense in this manner should not be promoted!

    Sincerely,

    Raghu

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you think Schindler's List inspired you...

    take a look at Roman Polanski's take on

    THE PIANIST (2002).

    ReplyDelete